Covid 19 vs Wash 2020
Events are moving fairly fast these days and so along with all the other coronavirus emails, social distancing and WFH directives, we too have a few things to announce.
The face to face meet up for the Washington CC AGM 2020 is now cancelled. We will however hold a Skype or Zoom meeting at the same date and time so that we can rattle through important club matters. Details will be sent out nearer the time and of course you are all still more than welcome to join in. Please email us and let us know if you're likely to join in.
There is a real risk that the season will be dramatically impacted ad the start of the season will probably be delayed. Right now our cricketing brethren are appropriately more focused on work continuity and the health and well being of your nearest and dearest. Cricket… it is hard to believe, is likely to be way down the pecking order of priorities. With the season disrupted and with many other things taking precedent, we are inclined to go with the majority position of the Club Committee, and the less traumatic route for the club, and suggest that dual captains be put in place for 2020, and until such time as we can have a meaningful vote with all the committee and the senior members of the club offering their undivided attention and opinions, by way of a proper vote, as to the club captaincy question! This is an unusual situation for the club, but fittingly, this matches the unusual situation we are in globally. You can voice our opinion on this by emailing us all getting on the AGM call, where this matter will be discussed further. At some point - read most likely 2021 - it will be important to get to a clear captain and vice captain set up... and resume normal service.
Best wishes to all at this crazy time. Stay safe and well and look ahead to the days when we can soon Smash the Leather!
Washington CC Committee
Leave a Reply.